The second major essay in this course will be a visual analysis essay. In this essay, you will be expected to apply the concepts covered in Units 1-4 as you analyze an image to explain its larger meanings. At this point you should be able to demonstrate your knowledge of the writing process, your understanding of the rhetorical situation, your ability to use the formal register, and your application of essay structure as you attempt this visual analysis. This essay also requires you to cite at least one credible source.
Purpose and Learning Objectives
In this assignment, you should practice analyzing visual texts, using the writing process, and developing a well-constructed essay in the formal register. Your essay should show how an analysis of the visual components of an image leads to a better understanding of the image.
Â· The essay must have a minimum of 700 words.
Â· The must have MLA formatting with a proper heading, headers, page numbers andÂ an interesting and informative title.
Â· The essay must have an introductory paragraph that tells readers which image you chose and must include anÂ Â underlinedÂ thesis statement.
Â· The essay must have three or more body paragraphs that discuss three or more visual elements from the lessons.
Â· The essay must have a conclusion paragraph that summarizes and emphasizes the main ideas from the essay.
Â· The image you have chosen as the subject for your essay must be embedded in the body of the essay. See the sample essay provided in the lesson activity for thesis statements.
Â· The essay should meet the expectation of an academic rhetorical situation. You are expected to use formal register English as your audience is college-educated adults.
Â· The essay must cite at least one source in MLA format. There should be an in-text citation for the source and a Works Cited page. Books, journals, magazines, and websites are all acceptable for this assignment, but you must consider the reliability of your source. You should not use Wikipedia.
You should not expect to earn a passing grade on this assignment if you do not meet each of these minimum requirements.
Process for CompletionÂ
1. The first step in this process is to choose an image. Browse the images available through the Gordon Parks Foundation Archives. Choose an image that you find engaging and that you feel offers ample opportunity for analysis.Â The image you choose will be the subject of your essay.Â Some images may be interesting to you, but may be difficult to analyze.
2. After you have chosen your image, you should engage in someÂ prewritingÂ activities using the ideas and terms presented in Unit 4. First, think about your initial reactions to the image. What emotions did you feel as you first looked at the photograph? What aspects about the image lead viewers to react that way?
3. Before you begin writing, you will want to perform some research. This assignment requires at least one source. If you are choosing an image about the Civil Rights Movement, you might want to research the movement itself. If you are choosing an image about Flavio in Rio de Janeiro, you might want to research how Gordon Parks met Flavio. You are welcome to use more than one source as you do your research, but be sure to keep track of the information you gain from your sources so that you can keep track of which ideas are your originals and which belong to someone else so that you can cite those sources appropriately.
4. Next, analyze the image by looking closely at the content, framing, composition, focus, color, lighting and context. What interesting or unique features do you notice about the image? What is the cultural or historical context of the image? You should record answers to all of these questions. Some of them may become important pieces of your final draft.
5. Next, it will be time to find your focus and begin generating a working thesis statement. For this assignment, your thesis will make a claim about theÂ Â meaningÂ of the image. In other words, what message does the image communicate to viewers? Remember, every image tells a story, and an image may tell a different story depending on who is looking at it. Once you have decided what idea or story the image communicates to you, you will need to explain how content, framing, focus, color, angle and lighting come together to create that story or convey that meaning. Your thesis will be more specific if you show which visual elements your essay discusses and what those elements do to create the meaning. An example thesis might be something like this: â€œThrough content, framing, and angle, this image demonstrates how segregation affected not only adults but also the children of black families in the South.â€
6. After completing the previous steps, it will be time to begin drafting your essay. Â The following tips might help you to structure your initial draft.
a.Â Introduction:Â IdentifyÂ and describe the image. It is very important that you identify the image very clearly. Use the name of the photographer and the image. For example, you might say: â€œIn Gordon Parksâ€™s photograph titled â€œAmerican Gothic,â€ a woman stands in front of a flag with a broom in her hand and a mop in the background.â€ In the introduction, you might show why the image is important or relevant or provide some background information about itÂ .Â You must embed the image into the body of your essay somewhere so that the readers can see it.Â It is probably best to do this somewhere near the introduction. One way to embed the image is to put your mouse on the image and right-click, and then select â€œcopy.â€ Next, go to your document and right-click on your document, and then select â€œpaste.â€
b.Â Thesis:Â Tell your readers what idea or story the image communicates. Be sure the thesis shows the result of your analysis from #4 under Process for Completion.Â Â UnderlineÂ your thesis statement.
c.Â Body Paragraphs: Explain how the visual elements come together to create meaning for the viewer. In multiple body paragraphs, discuss the effect of content, framing, composition, color, focus, angle, lighting and/or context. You should not discussÂ Â every single oneÂ of these elements, but you should discuss enough of them so that your reader understands how the visual elements work together to create a story and to create meaning. You should have three or more body paragraphs dedicated to this task.Â It would be a good idea to discuss only one element in each body paragraph.
d.Â Conclusion:Â At a minimum, your conclusion should summarize and remind readers how the visual elements convey meaning.
Get Professional Assignment Help Cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Why Choose Our Academic Writing Service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!